Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday

Margie's travel delays made for a lot of uncertainty. What I did do was rent some fins and snorkel at La Vista. Not the best snorkeling, but pretty darned good for free and right outside my window. The fins stayed with me for the week.

After Margie finally arrived, we went to the hotel for her to clean up and chill out. The Hideaway was closed for the night, so we went to The Boathouse. It was listed as a fun, party kind of place that's very popular, but you couldn't tell by the night we were there. Maybe we were just late. Only a few other tables were occupied. We had seats right by the window with a view of the water. We also had a visitor, a very sweet little kitten. My sauteed shrimp, scallops, and calamari was done well, but the bernaise sauce I got on the side seemed to be missing a little something: tarragon.

No comments: